Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

The Silent Blade


I am a huge fan of The Legend of Drizzt series by R. A. Salvatore. I've read Homeland through Passage to Dawn and loved every page of every book. The Silent Blade didn't disappont, of course.

My first taste of the Forgotten Realms world was the series War of the Spider Queen, in which a group of drow elves traverse their underground cities, the surface, and ultimately the Abyss to find their godess Lolth, the spider queen, who has become silent. It was tough to get into because each book is by a different author, but it really picked up and I loved it in the end.

I wasn't sure what to expect from my first Drizzt book, Homeland. It was really easy to fall into. The detail of battle scenes and the depths of emotions were incredible. Segments written from Drizzt's point of view that separated the book into three or four parts were so insightful and thought out, it was hard to believe that I was reading fiction and not listening to a dark elf standing next to me.

I'll keep reading about Drizzt Do'Urden and his companions as long as books are written. If you haven't read them, they're a must for any fantasy fan, and great for their philosophical and psychological intrigue if you're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment