Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Depression

Depression is a word we throw around far too often. If we're even just a little sad, it's common that we tell our friends that we're depressed. Not only is it wrong from a technical standpoint, but it makes the true cases of depression seem less significant.

Right now, my boyfriend is suffering from depression worse than anyone I've ever known. Being bipolar myself, I know how depression feels. In my case, however, there are good moods that come and outweigh the bad. My boyfriend doesn't have that. His friends and I have watched him grow horrendously irritable and delusional. Despite the fact that he's known our friends for many years, he feels none of us care about him or understand how he feels.

We're trying to help him get better. Things are going to get extremely difficult for all of us, especially if he won't listen to what we try to tell him. He's got a long road ahead of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment