Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Things I've Done Before I Hit 20

I'll be turning 20 next month. As messy and screwy as my first 19 years have been, I've done quite a few things that most people do way later in life, if at all. Some are great, some are awful. It's sort of a list of "when I was your age" stories that will be mentioned years down the road to the grandkids puppy. Most aren't terribly interesting, but I know plenty of people older than I am who don't know how to do some of this stuff and/or haven't done this stuff yet.

12

  • I taught myself basic HTML. I needed it for my Neopets profile. XD 


13

  • Got into fantasy and sort of turned into a little goth kid. Still a little goth kid at heart, I think. 


14

  • I had my first poetry published internationally. I've since had a bunch of poems published.
  • I got involved in my first serious relationship. It lasted 11 months, and it was great. 


15

  • I started my business. 


16

  • I developed arthritis after logging some intense Morrowind time. :( (This may have been earlier, now that I think about it.)
  • I tamed a wild Tim. I still have him, but he still chews the furniture sometimes.
  • Tons of health problems come on out of nowhere! D: 


17

  • Saw my first concert other than a local show. It was Celtic Thunder because tickets were free. :D 
  • I did my first major craft show, Oddmall, which I've done twice. 
  • I dropped out of high school (unintentionally) and was able to focus much more on my business. 
  • I broke my first bone! I was in a really minor fender bender, and the airbag hit a ring I was wearing. 
  • I went on vacation with Tim and some friends. I'd never been on a trip without family, and also never stayed more than a few hours at a beach. It was wonderful. 
  • I got my laptop. Best. Thing. Ever. ♥ 


18

  • I taught myself how to make fractals. 
  • I learned how to cook. Now I could effectively live on my own and eat really well. 
  • I sat down and watched my first anime series all the way through. It was Death Note, since I sort of liked it and missed most of it on TV. I mainly watched it to catch up with Tim's TiVo'd episodes, but I turned out really enjoying it. I had never watched any anime until meeting him. 
  • Somewhere in here is where I actually started hanging out with Tim's friends, I think. He had never really invited me to do anything with them, so it looked to them like I hated them and looked to me like Tim didn't like having friends. The few times we did hang out were sort of awkward. Now we hang out all the time.


19

  • Started drawing digitally with a tablet. I love it. 
  • I contributed work to 2 video games. 
  • I tried rice for the first time in my life. I'm not super fond of it. 
  • I published a novel. 


20

  • I had best get a job, or I'm going to move to a place where jobs aren't a luxury. 

No comments:

Post a Comment