Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Things That Keep Me Sane

Heavy Metal
For a lot of people, it's noise. For others, it gets them all riled up and angry. For me, it's an outlet for all the anger I'd hold inside otherwise. Channeling my emotions through the music I'm listening to keeps me sane and relieves headaches. It can calm me down almost instantly. It's a learned thing, and I'm sure a rare one, too. 

Caffeine
That's likely an addiction talking, but whatever. It makes me feel better when super stressed.

Advil
For the days when headaches are a little too much for my high pain tolerance to handle.

Cats
Hug a cat and see if it doesn't make your day 20% better. Unless you're allergic. Then you should hug a toy cat.

Sylvester is worth 5 hugs.


Crafts
There's something about the way I do crafts that makes the tedious, meticulous, monotonous work very relaxing. It sort of lets my mind drift while still staying stimulated. I can work on things for hours before I need a break.

Pillows
When I have my own place and stuff, I might make a panic room filled with pillows. That would probably be fantastic. Sinking onto my pillows is the best part of going to bed.

Photographs
My bedroom walls are covered in photos and posters. I stare at my photos a lot when I need to think about things. Seeing friends can help clear your mind really well, even if it is only a photograph.

Video Games
Sometimes, there's nothing like getting lost in Tamriel for a few hours and beating the hell out of some mud crabs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment