Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Past Lives and Religious Connections

A belief exists that our old soul is reincarnated partially into our next life. Through hypnosis, some people search for their past lives and try to make peace with themselves. My boyfriend is a dedicated Christian, and he does not believe in reincarnation, yet he believes in spirits. Ghosts are merely energy. Their energy can be measured by scientific equipment. There is a law of science that energy can niether be created nor destroyed, only redirected. When our consciousness crosses over into the afterlife (Heaven, Hell, or any other place), it crosses into an entirely new plane of existence. Where, then, does our body's energy go? Isn't it possible that some of that energy is recycled into forging new souls and thus creating the "past life" effect?

I don't think there is one single theory that reigns supreme. Just because Christianity does not explain reincarnation and would classify it under the work of Satan does not mean that reincarnation does not exist to a degree. There are many connections between ancient religions and mythologies, including Christianity. I believe that all reliegions refer to the same diety and angels by different names. For example, the Bible's Revelations describes an angel sounding a horn to herald the end of the world. In Norse mythology, there is a god Heimdall who sounds a horn at the beginning of Ragnorok, the Norse end of the world. Twins are present in many ancient mythologies; Castor and Pollux (the Gemini twins of Greek myths), Freya and Freyr (Norse), and Apollo and Artemis to name a few. I believe it is possible that the many ancient cultures saw the same immortal beings that the Christians believe in, but named them differently and termed all of them "gods." As for the many differences, people have embelished things and made up tales since the beginning of time. People need something to trust in and follow, as well as an explanation for the simplest of phenomena. If people saw an immortal being create water, for instance, they would most likely consider them a god of inundation or rain.

Now that I've gotten completely off track, I'm going to stop. Keep in mind that my views may be entirely wrong, and you won't here me telling anyone that I think I'm right. I'm merely sharing my view of my findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment