Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Week in My Life

This week will give you a good idea of my life, and seeing as this is my first blog post, I'd say that's a good place to start. If you've seen my profile at all, I'm a craft fanatic. I've spent my life making everything from cookies to wreaths to wooden gumball machines. This weekend is the second ever Oddmall, a craft fair in Hudson, Ohio. I travelled six hours to the first with my mother and my boyfriend Tim. That was in May. I did well, met some awesome people, bought some cool stuff...overall had a great time. The website is http://www.oddmall.info/ for those of you interested in what the show has to offer. My business is Dragonistic, vendor #1.

On Monday of this week, my mother bought me a laptop as a belated birthday gift. Im typing from this shiny new HP now, as a matter of fact. Yesterday I used it to watch about 12 episodes of Death Note. I've never been one for anime - in fact, I hate the vast majority of it. Death Note and Code Geass are the exceptions. Congrats to the writers for creating something even I enjoy.

Just browsing the internet, I found some pretty interesting things over the past couple days. One slice of awesomeness I encountered was this comic book character costume. I have no idea who she is, but it's very well done. On the same site I found a link to an artist's website. Jeffrey Thomas has a collection of "Twisted Princesses," his take on classic Disney figures. Personally, Jasmine is my favorite. One of the most amusing things I found was http://www.regretsy.com/, a blog of horrible items for sale on the craft site Etsy. Before you check that out, be warned that there is adult content on the site. I love the comments of the woman running the site. It's hilarious.

I think that's about all I have to say. I'll keep finding fun things and writing about them as time passes. Thanks for taking the time to hear my crazy ramblings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment