Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricanes!

First a bobcat shows up in my yard, then we have earthquake, and now a hurricane. It certainly is an interesting summer. Hopefully the flooding won't be too bad. My city, Clarks Summit, has the worst drainage system ever, I think. The main street collects a few inches of water in a small thunderstorm. My basement is prone to flooding, as my house is at the bottom of a massive hill. We have a concrete wall a few feet away from the house that's old and cracked. The earthquake damaged it a little more. We've seen water pour out of the cracks before, so I hope the rain doesn't totally destroy it. It holds the hill away from my kitchen. I need a kitchen. We also have a row of pine trees at the top of my yard. They aren't exactly known for being sturdy in wet ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment